Farsley Farfield 6J's Blog

Be a part of our learning adventure!

What a fabulous week!

Friday 5th February | 1 comment
14

Once again we would like to thank you all for your fabulous contributions this week. There have been some fantastic talents on show and you should all be really proud of yourselves!

Baking

My goodness! When I set the children this challenge last week I never imagined we would have so many amazing entries! We have seen all sorts of brilliant bakes from cookies to cakes and scones to pastries! A huge well done to all involved and you have made it an extra tough decision for us to make.

Here are all of the wonderful creations entered.

The Star Baker from 6J is Olivia and the Star Baker from 6S is Aaminah!

Well done to both of you!

Musical talents

I was absolutely blow away this week with children’s responses to our musical talents assignment. We don’t always have the opportunity to see these talents in school and since the start of Covid we haven’t even been able to sing so it was lovely to see the children expressing themselves in a range of different ways. Sorry if your talent isn’t here. I couldn’t get them all to upload onto Youtube!

Science

In Science, the children were asked to be palaeontologists. They were given the very tricky task of trying to identify an animal from just its skeleton and they had to piece it together one bone at a time. The children did really well and were able to apply their previous knowledge of fossils to answer some tricky questions. We revealed later in the lesson which animal they had been digging up, a xenosmilus!

English poetry

In English, we started to learn about the subjunctive mood, which is a verb form used in more formal writing. It can be used to express wishes and demands or when thinking about conditions that are not true, for example, ‘If I were rich, I would buy a huge house.’ To help us remember how to use the subjunctive, we wrote our own poems, using the starting line, ‘If I were…’ As always, the children had some very imaginative ideas!

One more advert…

I would also like to share one more snow leopard advert from last week with you. Gabriella filmed this brilliant advert and then sent it to the WWF, who were very impressed with her work and sent her a lovely letter in reply! How fantastic to see children using their work to make a difference.

What a fabulous week we have had; a huge well done to everyone!

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Miss Jones and Mrs Sykes

One response to “What a fabulous week!”

1. Karen Chaudhari says:

Amazing week again!! Thanks so much for all of the support with home learning, offering the variety of lessons & generally keeping things as ‘normal’ as possible for Y6 – What a talented group of children