Farsley Farfield 6J's Blog

Be a part of our learning adventure!

A busy week

Saturday 19th September | No comments yet
0

We have been working really hard this week on our writing and the children impressed me with their imagination and skills. The activity was to put yourself into the main characters shoes and write your very own ships log. We started by reading the ship’s logs from Kensuke’s Kingdom to gather some ideas and inspiration. Following this, we discussed the range of emotions which Michael felt during his ships logs and how we could incorporate this into our own. The children worked very hard and their were some very interesting journeys!

We have also been exploring ordering and comparing numbers in maths, naming and locating the continents and oceans in geography, and completed some watercolour paintings to represent the waves in Kensuke’s Kingdom.

P.E choices will start next Tuesday: children should have brought home a letter with them today.

I was very impressed with the children’s effort with extreme learning and I hope that this can continue throughout the year. Well done 6J!

Three homework tasks were set today:

• Spelling – -able and -ible words. Due on Wednesday 23rd September.
  • Maths – ordering and comparing numbers. Due on Wednesday 23rd September.
  • Learning Log – Branching databases. Due on Wednesday 30th September.

My two special mentions this week were Tom and Kieran! Well done boys and keep up the hard work.

Enjoy the sunshine this weekend!

Miss Jones