It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas
Friday 14th December | No comments yet
We’ve had a great week pulling together all the elements of our First World War topic. In Literacy, we have continued with the story of War Horse and today we watched the final few emotional scenes. Many children are keen to watch the entire film. As it is rated 12, we have not watched it all at school. You may wish to talk about it as a family and decide if it is appropriate. We have a copy of the dvd at school which may be lent out evening by evening in the new year.
We also completed our final piece of writing for the term. Some children have written so much they’ve already completed their first Literacy book! I have been so impressed with the progress everyone has made.
In History, we looked at an interesting website about zeppelin raids during the First World War. This is the very reason why Farfield was needed as an airfield. The children may wish to look at the video again at home. Click on the photo below to go to the website:
This morning, we enjoyed a lovely guitar recital. Well done to everyone who has worked so hard on their instrument this term!
- **Big Push on Spelling**: There is no new Spelling homework this week. Over the Christmas break, we will not be sending any Learning Log or Literacy homework. I would like the children to keep learning the Year 5/6 Spelling words in preparation for our next Spelling assessment in January – a few minutes each morning or when travelling in the car will really make a difference.
- Reading Comprehension: Comprehension work is due on Wednesday 19th December.
- Times Table Rock Stars – Everyone is now able to log-on and should spend some time on this website at home each week. Try to improve the red areas on your heat-map.
- Maths Homework: Due Tuesday 18th December
- Christmas Show Rehearsal: This year’s KS2 Christmas show is “Oliver”. Year 6 are responsible for leading the singing with strength and enthusiasm. Please encourage your child to practise some of the songs at home. Click on the links below for some music and lyrics to help.
Have a lovely weekend!