Farsley Farfield 6J's Blog

Be a part of our learning adventure!

Welcome Year 6!

Friday 3rd July | No comments yet
6

Hello 5W, soon to be 6J. I hope that you are well, working hard at home and are eager to get back into school. I am really excited to be teaching you all in September.

Here is a photo of me – even though you have all seen me around school.

We are going to be working in the current 6S classroom which is a great space. There is lots of room to complete activities, a lovely outdoor space and even air conditioning to keep us cool down on hot days. Below is a picture so that you have an idea of what the room will look like.

In Year 6 we will cover lots of exciting topics including Kensuke’s Kingdom where we will learn about a young boy stranded on a deserted island, World War One and the fabulous contribution of Farsley Farfield and the Industrial Revolution where Leeds prospered. In Science, we will explore Darwin’s theory of evolution and look into the details of his early life before embarking on the HMS Beagle. Another highlight in Science is the growing of microorganisms. We often get some weird and wonderful coloured mould growing on the bread slices!

I am really looking forward to seeing you all during the Google Meet on Thursday 9th July @4 pm or 4:30 pm. Your parents will have received an email letting you know which time to attend. Please do not worry if you are unable to attend, send me an email and we will arrange something.

[email protected]

Many thanks and please do not hesitate to contact me.

Miss Jones